Journalism 2 Class luis jennifer mason robert forrest casey caitlin sarah mason lia alexandra luis natalie

Friday, March 26, 2010

The backstage walkthrough and meeting the director

by: Robert

I have not been near a stage in many years. My last performing arts attendance was nearly 10 years ago, I took my kids to see The Nutcracker. Prior to that, I was a senior in high school taking theatre. This is a small trip down memory lane as I sit amazed, trying to soak in everything around me.

Our tour backstage was short and informative. Ironically all the lights were off, quite dark, watch out for the steps- or in my case the backlights. I enjoyed seeing the stage manager prepare and go over notes while having us hover. Focused, crossing out notes and away she went. On the stage a quiver, a bow and a broken arrow sit.

Upstairs we met the director. Full of information and clearly passionate about the stories and connecting three individual operas in one night.

Not much to share yet, but I can tell this will be a treat well worth waiting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment