Journalism 2 Class luis jennifer mason robert forrest casey caitlin sarah mason lia alexandra luis natalie

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Holidays

This past weekend I have spent a lot of time working on a list of American Holidays celebrated around the country. Granted, I do not know the validity of some of the holidays, but someone invented them and they have been landed on a calendar. I am not going to include the entire list of holidays yet (I found them on www.holidayinsights.com), because I am waiting for the launch of our website. HOWEVER, I will include some of my favorite from the list...

January 5: National Bird Day
January 28: National Kazoo Day

February 15: National Gum Drop Day
February 18: National Battery Day

March 1: National Pig Day
March 31: National Clam on the Half Shell Day

April 16: National High Five Day
April 17: National Cheeseball Day

May 5: National Hoagie Day
May 15: National Chocolate Chip Day

June 6: National Yo-Yo Day
June 25: National Catfish Day

July 14: National Nude Day
July 23: National Hot Dog Day

August 7: National Mustard Day
August 22: National Tooth Fairy Day

September 13: National Peanut Day
September 25: National Comic Book Day

October 23: National Mole Day
October 26: National Mincemeat Day

November 13: National Indian Pudding Day
November 15: National Philanthropy Day

December 17: National Maple Syrup Day
December 21: National Flashlight Day


As you can see there is a HUGE range of information. Sifting through the information I found National holidays, as well as Days (such as Lumpy Rug Day), World days (such as World Aids Day) and International celebrations. I intend to sift through these further and see if I can narrow it down to just the national holidays and go from there. Throughout the entire 2010 calendar there were only two dates that did not have something to celebrate.

Whoa. Bust out your party hats. It's time to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment