Journalism 2 Class luis jennifer mason robert forrest casey caitlin sarah mason lia alexandra luis natalie

Friday, March 26, 2010

A love for art

by: Robert

Each of us like art in one form or another. My guess is that most of us find that love at first sight. It's not like wine or sushi, where it takes a slow introduction. My mind is still buzzing, I feel like I have just walked out of my first KISS concert. Except this time my chest didn't get thumped on by all the bass and my ears aren't still ringing. This was a real treat.

I have always liked theatre. I never pursued it, because I can't remember enough lines to save my life. And I'm too shy to stand up in front of a crowd and share a story. I did however manage to recite a piece about a boy who "had a little momento". A homerun ball hit by Lou Gehrig. Another scene from "Love in the Afternoon," "...eyes are thighs and lips are hips...". That was embarrassing in high school. Despite my own limits, I love theatre, and after tonight, I have found another love- the opera.

It impressed upon me so much that the Director actually came out to our group and explained the collective process of pulling three stories into one. Nicholas Muni shared his vision and explained each step in the unfolding story of Cupid, Love and even a piece of Christianity.

I should have gone to the cast party. Fear gets the better of me sometimes.

To each of you that had a hand in my evening, thank you.

Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment