Journalism 2 Class luis jennifer mason robert forrest casey caitlin sarah mason lia alexandra luis natalie

Friday, March 26, 2010

WOW!!

by: Robert

I was able to see and understand the third piece better than the others for one simple reason, I didn't have to read and then try to watch the performance. I am thankful and appreciate the opportunity to come here tonight. I found myself lost in the 2nd half, enjoying every bit of it. I watched in fascination, completely engrossed in the musical style. My impression of Trouble in Tahiti is the story of life in America.

We become so enveloped in our work and take for granted what is safest to us, our home and families. Rushed out the door, trying to make a living or pursue our dreams, we forget to thank our spouses and connect with our children. Take a moment and let them know how much we appreciate them, what they do for us, and find a common interest again. Unfortunately, we live in a society that is not warm to that idea anymore, it's disheartening.

I truly enjoyed sitting here, watching my first opera. Seeing is believing and there is something magical about witnessing a terrific performance. I can only judge this by my experiences in theatre, to state it simply- I was not disappointed. I can say that I hope find a way to come back and see another. I enjoyed this!!

Thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment