Journalism 2 Class luis jennifer mason robert forrest casey caitlin sarah mason lia alexandra luis natalie

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Time

Time goes too fast.

That is something I am definitely starting to learn.

With the school year coming to a close in 9 weeks, and my fiancé and I planning our wedding in 2 months (a week after school is out), I am realizing just how fast time seems to go.

But then I look around and see how dependent our country is on time. FAST food, INSTANT messaging, EXPRESS line, FAST lane...

When do we have time to just stop and enjoy the world around us?

We get impatient if we have to wait more than a couple minutes for our food to cook, our gas tank to be filled, the elevator doors to open or the cashier to ring up our merchandise.

Why can't we stop and just enjoy the scenery?

When did life become in the fast lane? When did we decide that EVERYTHING needs to be faster than fast?

I love that school is coming to and end and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that I am getting married in 75 days.

But I challenge everyone to stop every now and then and enjoy life. Enjoy our surroundings. Enjoy the beautiful creations that are around us everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment